Hands-On Training: Basic Powerboat
Learn in small groups with qualified instructors...
Learn to maneuver in close quarters...
Learn to operate on plane in open water...
Learn to dock a boat with confidence...
Learn proper safety procedures...
How Does It Work?
Our Hands-On Training: Basic Powerboat is a skills-based training program that covers the essential techniques of powerboat operation. This program was developed under a grant from the U. S. Coast Guard and incorporates the National On-Water Standards for powerboat operation and instruction.
This program is a one-day, 8-hour training session. It includes 3 hours of classroom training and 5 hours of on-water training and practice behind the wheel of a boat. Our approach includes a combination of blended learning techniques and sequential exercises that maximize your skill development. Instruction is provided by qualified and credentialed instructors.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Safety equipment and procedures
- Basic operation and controls
- Maneuvering in close quarters
- Operating on plane
- Emergency maneuvers
- Man overboard/recovery
- … and more!
- No previous boating experience is required
- Participants must have completed a state-approved boating safety course
- Participants must be mentally and physically capable of operating a boat safely.
- Students requiring accommodations need to contact the instructor prior to training.
Here’s what our customers have said:
“This is the way that boat handling should be taught.”
“I never imagined that I would be able to do that!”
“I can’t wait to get back home and practice what I learned on my boat.”
“You not only taught us, you made us feel comfortable learning.”
“I understand my boat now…I finally feel like I can do this!”
“I can’t even put into words how different I feel about handling my boat now.”